This Tutorial will show you how to create a PORTFOLIO Website using WordPress along with the FREE Snaps WordPress Theme.
Whether you are a photographer, logo designer or something else that involves mainly images, this website will enable you to show off your content in a way that look great!
The Portfolio Website we will be creating today will also be 100% Responsive (Mobile Friendly), so your images will always look FANTASTIC no matter what device they are being viewed on! (mobile phone, laptop, tablet, computer etc)
You can see the Official Theme Demo for the Snaps Theme here or else watch the first few minutes of the video below to see the exact website we will be building.
Create A Portfolio Website using WordPress
(Snaps WordPress Theme Tutorial)
Remember to make the video above FULL screen and HD!
Mentioned/Relevant Links & Information
- HostGator Web Hosting
- HostGator Coupon Code: SNAPS1PENNY
- Free WordPress Theme (SNAPS Theme)
- Contact From 7 Plugin
- Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin
- Simple Share Buttons Adder Plugin
- W3 Total Cache Plugin
- Direct YouTube Link for This Video:
Covered in This WordPress / Snaps Theme Tutorial
- Personal Introduction
- Website Overview/Demo
- Tutorial Check List
- Signing up for Hosting & Domain Name (using HostGator)
- Logging into what’s know as the HostGator “CPanel”
- Installing WordPress using the CPanel
- Signing into WordPress for the First Time
- Changing Our WordPress Password
- Changing The WordPress Theme (The “SNAPS” Theme)
- Site Title, Tagline & Site Icon (favicon)
- Theme Colours
- Main Site Banner Image
- Background Image
- Deleting Demo Content (Page, Post and Plugins)
- Adding Our “About Me” Page
- Creating Clickable Links (Hyper Links)
- Adding Our “Contact Me” Page
- Turning Comments ON/OFF
- Creating A Custom Menu
- Installing Our Contact Form Plugin (Contact Form 7)
- Adding Our Contact Form
- Before we add our portfolio image posts
- Installing and Using Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin
- Changing Thumbnail Sizes to 236×315 pixels (Our Main Portfolio Images)
- Adding Our Main Portfolio Posts & Images
- Setting How Many Posts Show on Homepage
- Creating Categories
- Adding Categories to Posts
- Creating Our “Categories Menu”
- Changing Permalink Structure (URL)
- Changing Our Footer “Widgets”
- Adding Social Sharing Buttons (Simple Share Buttons Adder Plugin)
- Installing and Activating WP Smush Plugin
- TIP What to do if your changes don’t show up right away (W3 total cache plugin)
- Congratulations – You Just Created A Portfolio Website!!
I really hope you enjoyed my tutorial and more importantly I hope you now have your own AMAZING Portfolio Website!
If you have any questions, you can feel free to ask me here.
Until Next Time,
If you want to learn more cool things you can do with WordPress, you can check out my Other Tutorials Here.