If you’ve ever needed to add footnotes to your WordPress posts and found yourself wondering how to do it, wonder no more! In this tutorial, I’m going to teach you how to create simple footnotes that will make your WordPress posts look more professional. Here’s how to get it done.
1. Head over to Plugins in your sidebar menu, then select Add New.
2. In the Search Plugins box, search for Easy Footnotes.
3. A plugin by Jason Yingling should come up. Select Install Now, then Activate.
4. All you have to do to add footnotes to your posts is to add what you need in a footnote inside some shortcode.
Simply type in [note]add your text here[/note], and it will show up in your post as a footnote!
5. Once you’re done, you should have something like this:
Just like any other word processing software, the plugin will automatically increment the count of your footnotes. There’s no need to fiddle around with anything because your footnotes will automatically be placed at the bottom of your post. It’s that easy!
It’s also good to know that hovering over the numbers will display the contents of your footnote. This is great for longer posts. Your reader won’t have to keep scrolling to the bottom of the post to read your footnotes!
So, that should be all you need to know about how to add footnotes to WordPress. Now go forth and create; there are great posts afoot! (get it?)
Until Next Time,
If you liked this tutorial, why not check out another one? Here is one on creating custom menus on WordPress!